- Two bunches of carrots (8 to 10), scrubbed, peeled or unpeeled and tops removed
- One large onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper
- Put onion in soup pot with olive oil and bring to a sweat.
- Add carrots and toss for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth just to cover veggies.
- Bring to a boil and then a simmer for about 15 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let cool a little and then puree in blender.
- When ready to serve, warm up
I like to add all or some of these additional ingredients: tarragon, some fresh chopped dill, a dollop of sour cream or a butter patty on top and let melt in.
This is a very easy low fat soup if you choose. Enjoy!
- 1 large cauliflower cut into pieces
- ¼ cup butter or olive oil
- ¼ onions chopped
- ¼ cup celery chopped
- 3 cups chicken or veggie broth
- ½ cup to 1 cup of half and half or low fat milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. grated nutmeg
- Shredded cheese, your choice
- Cover cauliflower with some of the broth and simmer about 8 minutes until tender.
- Take off heat, let cool a little bit.
- Puree in a blender or use an immersion blender.
- In another sauce pan heat butter or olive oil and sauté onion and celery.
- Add to cauliflower mixture.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- Then add broth to thickness you like, including half and half (or milk).
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and enjoy!
- 6 ears corn husked and taken off the cobb
- 3 medium potatoes cubed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cups chicken bouillon or water
- Bunch of cilantro or parsley chopped
- ½ tsp. of thyme or tarragon
- Salt and pepper
- Grape Tomatoes sliced in half (optional)
- 1 chopped yellow zucchini (optional)
Place onion in soup pot with a little olive oil sauté until tender. Add corn and potatoes till just covered with some of the liquid and bring to a boil. Then put down to a simmer until veggies are tender (about 15 minutes). Take out 2/3 veggies and blend in a blender with a little of the broth until pureed. Then add back to pot with other veggies. Add salt, pepper and other seasonings. If too thick add some more liquid or a little milk. Add herb of choice and grape tomatoes if wanted and simmer for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- 10 Leeks
- 1 large onion
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 – 9.5 oz. cans chicken stock
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. bay leaf, thyme, parsley
- 1 ¼ c. milk
Wash leeks carefully. Slice onion and leeks thinly. Dice potato. Sauté in butter for 5 min. Add the stock, seasonings, herbs, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Puree in electric blender a little at a time. Blend flour and milk, Add, bring to a boil. Stir constantly until thick.
- ¼ lb. ground beef
- ½ onion grated
- 2 tsp. tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. oregano, basil, thyme
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. flour
Mix meat with onion, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and herbs. Mix in egg. Form into small meatballs and roll in flour. Add to thickened soup and simmer for 30 minutes.